Sunday 5 February 2017

Seoul trip part 5: Gyeongbukgung Palace and Snow

GYEONGBUKGUNG PALACE

So the 3rd day trip was another challenging one. We took subway to station near Gyeongbukgung to rent hanbok. We arrived just a bit later at 10.30am and we have to que like other normal people (supposed we already booked the rent in advanced) I guess it was partly my fault, I was idling, BECAUSE I HAD MY 1ST SNOW! 첫 눈! It was a light snow, and Yuri said we’re lucky because it didn’t happened everyday.



We arrived at OneDay Hanbok for the hanbok renting. It took a long time before we finally get to choose any hanbok we want, and put it on. After less thought and trying to find ones fit our height, we went to subway station again wearing our hanbok. As expected we get many eyes. But honestly it’s welcoming for me. I love wearing the hanbok, even in subway station and train.

By the time we reach Gyeongbukgung Palace, the snow had already falling so hard. My mum and Aya bought umbrella, but Aya’s didn’t work very well. I had the 1st real hand-frozen moment I thought I shed some tears. My hand was getting cramped since I gave 1 of my sarung tangan to mum (she wet her’s at subway station), and that same hand to hold umbrella up for my mum.



We entered Gyeongbukgung Palace for free since we were wearing hanbok (though I initially thought it was free for everyone since it’s Seollal). We immediately went to the part of palace with roof since it wasn’t exposed to the snow and we had our photo session there.



But at one time, we (except mum) decided we want to take picture at the middle, on the walkaway, so me, Yuri and Nurin run through the snow without our jacket. I enjoyed it so much, I was spinning and jumping around with my hanbok in the middle of the snow. I love letting the snow hit my face ㅎㅎㅎㅎ



Aya followed us soon, as our camerawoman. You can say it’s almost like a suicide mission to take photo like that since it’s really REALLY cold. After few shots, we run back to where the roof is, not feeling our hands hahaha. We managed to reach the part of place where they usually bow to the king, or had ceremony, or the scholar taking their exam (if I referred to dramas). 

But not beyond that. It’s way too freezing and I assumed we couldn’t take it much longer. So Aya said we should go into the museum nearby where it should be hot inside.



Indeed it was hot. Mum and Nurin took seat while Yuri, Aya and me taking stroll inside the museum. We realized wifi was present, Yuri and me did Instagram live but we had no views, only 1 or two hahaha. I only used it to ask Yuri “oii kat mana tu!” when I lost Aya and Yuri lol the uses of Instagram when you can’t call. I did my Instagram live too, but only few joined me and the wifi disappeared. We had to go back since we were already hungry. I suggested to Aya for Itaewon since we’re thinking of where to pray, and eat (reminds my mum).




So we give back our hanbok around 4pm, and took train to Itaewon. It was still very cold and raining of snow. The journey to the mosque wasn’t easy at all (I didn’t expect it to be easy, but I also didn’t expect it to be on top of somewhere that high. Oh the slippery climb!) My mum had it tough, I had to hold her tight. And the place for ablution (wudhu) isn’t same as the praying hall. So for women, take off your shoes (not very fun on winter), take wudhu on 1st floor, and run back into the masjid, take the stairs to the 3rd floor. May Allah granted many pahala for all the cold steps.


I was busy hot-pack-ing my feet because the more I stay without my socks, the more I can’t feel my feet. Aya was busy with contacting her friend, so I let her went disappear. Aya came up once again to say she’ll meet her friend 1st and let Yuri take us to the restaurant since Yuri knows the place. The climb wasn’t easy, and going down was harder, because all of the ice on street. Later we reached the restaurant Aya and her friend were.

And honestly I didn’t expect her friend to be namja. Aya had told about how she met her Korean friend before, and (unexpectedly) another one friend on the train –like some drama encounter- but i just assumed it was a woman. A guy rupanya. So we greet each other and we had our dinner (FINALLY) together. I had the clear noodle, japchae, my mum had the kimchi fried rice I think. Soup for Yuri, and spicy thing for Aya. 

Aya talked a lot with her friend since she can Korean, me and Yuri just laugh when it comes to part we understand (I think Yuri and mine’s level of Korean are the same. We understand but we can’t reply back in Korean) Some things I took note, Moon(Aya’s friend) explained that as korean, they are taught few things like swimming, piano, taekwando, etc since they were kid, to see which area they are good at (fascinating~) Moon and me talked quite a lot on drama topic (I’m a Korean drama devil you see. Goblin 도깨비 and Moon Drawn by Cloud was ones I mentioned. I had hard time recalling Moon Drawn by Cloud’s Korean title. I had to mentioned Park Bogum and Kim Yoojung’s names first haha) though I also mentioned about 2 days 1 night and Gag Concert. Moon: things which are funny to us, do you find it funny too? In your country? Me: yea..h? it’s not exactly the same but yes, we laugh on it. I was trying to tell Moon it’s not all of it but oh well..my Korean not good to tell him that.

My mum said she can't find her t-money and i just said we should just redha of it (though i obviously looked sad since i top-up alot in it). Suddenly Nurin scream "situ!!! situ situ!!!" pointing at below of table. THE T-MONEY WAS THERE!! dropped from mum's jacket i think. The reaction was funny we all laugh loud.

Moon also asked which artist do you take interest in. I can’t answer him, apparently. I guess my kpop addiction has already dies? Aya answered for me though, Mamamoo, and I suddenly turned bright lol YES MAMAMOO. Moon find it amusing that we know Mamamoo too (Moon likes Mamamoo too. Kekeke of course of course). p/s: is jtbc channel aired in our country? –the fighting topic of Aya and me haha

Moon properly tell his name to me after we had done eating. And guess what? I forgot to tell him mine (이 바보야 *yes my trademark song whenever I become stupid). Yuri acted like a chaebol and tried to pay for all using card, but it’s not working ahahaha but Yuri paid for us 1st anyway. Moon: You want me to pay you now? Yuri: I pay for you. Moon: I pay you back now or you have to come next year so I can pay for you next time? Yuri: ok (for coming next year). Kekeke Yuri and her poker face. Moon feel bad for Yuri paying for him. We all: 괜찮아~!


Moon made us promised to come again next year and meet him again (me:I think I won’t be until next year hahaha side-eye Aya). We all wave goodbye to Moon in the train and get back to homestay. I planned to video-call my family when I stand on the post-lamp near our apartment but I didn’t get wifi there. Cont- SEOUL-BUS TOUR 

No comments:

Post a Comment