Wednesday 14 October 2015

My very first... which i love.


It's 1st time i posted 2 posts on the same day, though it has passed 12am, so it's officially the next day.

But today's 1st Agama class that i officially teaching legally was quite memorable. I go back a bit behind, before i enter the class..

My mentor reminds me: Jangan lembut sangat kat diorang ni. Me: 어.. (i beg to differ). I know i can't act 'garang' with students, but i'll keep that from my mentor, for now.

So in class, i started with reading out loud my rules for class, and i have right to punish them if they break the rules. No talking w/out permission, no playing around, raised up hand for questions.

2nd, ta'aruf session (ice breaking, sort of). Aida, Wafa, Adila, Ikhwan, Zulhilmi and Haikal. It's easy to remember when they're just 6 of them. They told me they have 11 in total. This is Standard 5 students, but still such kids in my eyes.

3rd, discussing about classes. I don't expect them to be so eager in reading Al-Quran in class, because what i know from my mentor, she didn't included reading Al-Quran session in her class before. We agree on Al-Quran on Tuesday, Wednesday for Jawi and the rest on Friday.

4th, i introduced them to surah Taha, verse 1-5. Ayat pelembut hati. I make them read, and hope they'll memorize it soon (while praying silently their heart will be as soft as when Umar Al-Khattab convert to Islam). They agree to starting class with the 5 ayat.

5th, i tested their Jawi skills. Reading, they told me they can bear, eventhough not very fast. Writing, i concluded everyone having hard time. But i'm delighted when i ask:

Me: so you can read but not write. Anyway, do you like Jawi or not? Minat ke tak Jawi ni?

Students: SUKAAA~!!! MINAT!

I was in joy. The kids like Jawi. That's good enough for me, because you'll learn when you like it. And it shows when they were so into the writing-Jawi task that i gave. And they focus a lot when i teach HOW to write properly. I guess the previous teacher shouldn't blame them for not having nice handwriting when students don't given chances to learn how to write properly and nicely.

My class ends at that. I'm certainly not 'garang' in my class, but that's how i am. I deal with my students with having deals with them. You play in my class, i'll give you punishment of things you don't like. Example: writing Jawi sentences in 4 pages. They HATE writing alot. That's what they told me earlier during ice breaking.

In future, i hope these students will learn as much as they can in short period of time. And learn to learn, so they'll survive when the teachers are not around. All the best my kids! May Allah blessed all of you, all the time. -Yana

No comments:

Post a Comment